Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Top Ten Reasons why McCullough is an awesome teacher.

Actually I don't think I can limit them to ten or rank them, so here are the first ten I could think of, I'll add more later.

  • The 3 minute 27 second stories-- they are always really interesting, and usually relevant, providing background material in a fascinating way. And if they might stray a little off topic, all the better, those are usually the most exciting ones
  • The literary analysis-- He can always clear up something that stumped everyone in the class, or some weird event in the book.
  • The dissection of the first sentences of a book-- wow who knew they had all that stuff packed in.
  • Whenever someone misbehaves, telling their neighbor to "hit that kid"--need I say more?
  • "ya damn kid"--you have to be there.
  • Any personal story--I can't think of one that was boring.
  • The way the class is arranged--Circle style.
  • Whenever he moves someone--and puts a quiet kid in their place.
  • The little squint he does when he catches you misbehaving- you can't help but laugh.
  • And all the quotes on the wall.
  • Reading the quiz scores out loud.

ok I'll keep adding more.

haha the to be verbs, and that.

5 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous mike rotch said...

who the hell is this guy?

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Stephseymour22 said...

Haha is he some kind of english teacher? Wow when i was in school i would have been pissed if my teacher read out my quiz scores!

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous gillespiefan said...

I once had a teacher like that. It made history so much more fun. Do you guys do socratic seminars?

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger stokes said...

I think we do something like a socratic seminar, I'm not sure. We all sit around in a circle and discuss things. He never uses the blackboard, which is the only class where I've had that happen.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous homersimps said...

I love this guy already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home