Top Ten Reasons why McCullough is an awesome teacher.
Actually I don't think I can limit them to ten or rank them, so here are the first ten I could think of, I'll add more later.
- The 3 minute 27 second stories-- they are always really interesting, and usually relevant, providing background material in a fascinating way. And if they might stray a little off topic, all the better, those are usually the most exciting ones
- The literary analysis-- He can always clear up something that stumped everyone in the class, or some weird event in the book.
- The dissection of the first sentences of a book-- wow who knew they had all that stuff packed in.
- Whenever someone misbehaves, telling their neighbor to "hit that kid"--need I say more?
- "ya damn kid"--you have to be there.
- Any personal story--I can't think of one that was boring.
- The way the class is arranged--Circle style.
- Whenever he moves someone--and puts a quiet kid in their place.
- The little squint he does when he catches you misbehaving- you can't help but laugh.
- And all the quotes on the wall.
- Reading the quiz scores out loud.
ok I'll keep adding more.
haha the to be verbs, and that.